Over the past three weeks I have been experiencing the recently released BlackBerry Z30 and uncovering what I feel is the best user experience from a platform perspective of any smartphone (or tablet) to date. Yes, there are applications I would like to have but, as will be mentioned further along, that is also improving […]
Archive | Video Calling RSS feed for this section
Yesterday Skype celebrated its 10th anniversary. Launched August 29, 2003, within a month it had over 500,000 downloads. in some sense it was the confluence of broadband internet infrastructure and the founders’ experience with peer-to-peer architectures that allowed them to be so successful with the launch. Today it brings us chat, voice and video conversations […]
Warning: this has nothing to do with NSA and the associated debates. During my career I have worked with several high tech companies, as both employers and clients. One common thread is that you build new offerings or modify existing offerings based on performance experiences and opportunities that the previous offerings exposed. Developer toolkits become […]
To tablet, or not to tablet, that is the question: Whether ’tis Nobler in the mind to suffer The Slings and Arrows of outrageous Competition, Or to take Arms against a Sea of troubles, And by opposing end them: to die, to sleep No more; and by a sleep, to say we end The Tablet-ache, […]
In today’s office, several items may occupy our physical desktop – a computer display (or two or three) and keyboard, writing tools, a blotter pad, a few books, a papers organizer, a radio and … a communications device (traditionally known as a “phone”). But with today’s Internet-enabled communications it’s feasible to want that communications device […]
Yesterday Skype released Skype 4.6 for iOS, available as both Skype for iPhone and Skype for iPad. The changes include: New features and improvements: New, beautiful calling experience One-to-one chats now appear in the correct order Option to select your message as ‘read’ with just a few taps General fixes and improvements A call with […]
A week ago today BlackBerry, the company formerly known as Research in Motion, launched its much-anticipated BlackBerry 10, coming in two versions: BlackBerry Z 10 with the touch keyboard and BlackBerry Q10 with the legacy hardware keyboard. The former has launched in the U.K. and Canada with Abu Dubai coming next week. U.S. launch is […]
In previous posts in this series I have provided some background and discussed the many features of BlackBerry 10 as well as the infrastructure being put in place to support its forthcoming launch. However, many questions remain outstanding. What I provide here is pure speculation based on public information that I have encountered as the […]
The Grey Cup is the ultimate award for winning the Canadian Football League’s championship game. With two conferences (East and West), each of the eight teams play 18 games from July to November, followed by three weekends of playoffs, ending with the Grey Cup game on the last weekend of November. The games itself climaxes […]
In beta for the past six months building up a base of over 500 small business entrepreneurs seeking new customers, Skype today launched Skype in the Workplace, a free-to-use online platform for small businesses and entrepreneurs, enabling instant connections with potential customers, partners and suppliers across the globe. In a Skype Big Blog post, Bringing […]
Get Email Updates (It’s Free!)
Skype Reference Guide
- Skype Features
- Case Studies
- Skype In Business
- Skype for Business
- Hosted Services
- BlackBerry KEYone – An Security Enhanced Android Phone May 31, 2017
- A Tale of Two BlackBerry’s May 31, 2017
- Returning to Blogging May 30, 2017
- Experience Skype to the Max: 2nd Edition March 17, 2015
- BlackBerry Classic–Beyond The Power of the Keyboard Upgraded December 17, 2014
- FREETALK® Everyman USB Headset for Skype: Not “Just Another Headset”! August 14, 2009
- Coming “Real Soon Now”: Skype for iPhone over 3G February 3, 2010
- Skype’s SILK Codec: Working Towards Adoption as a Standard March 11, 2010
- SILK: Skype’s New Audio Codec Sets New Performance Standards for Voice Conversations February 3, 2009
- Skype Everywhere: Nokia and Skype Announce Ongoing Partnership February 17, 2009
- RIM: A Phoenix Emerging from its Ashes | 2 Sides 2 Everything: [...] Courtney writing on his blog (http://voiceon...
- RIM 1 of likely companies to fold next year - Page 2 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com: [...] however, BB10 is the sign of a rebirth. ...
- “Skype Has Stopped Working”: Another Service Interruption | Voice on the Web: [...] Skype Login Disruption Update: User Friendly...
- Skype With Your Doctor: Risk vs. Reward —C3Social Social Media Consulting Milwaukee & Chicago C3Social: [...] Even with a signed disclaimer for treatment,...
- Whither Skype Extras Today? Withered? | Voice on the Web: [...] the Extras publishers were acquired; for ins...
- No Tweets Available
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/1BdE6DA6Zu Thanks to @Swadhin_T @shitdaavesays #crn #mobiledevice about 9 hours ago from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/iB1UOmINL2 Thanks to @softwareworldco @electronicspec #zoommeeting #alternative 04:55:21 AM July 03, 2020 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/uL2kOMf6Sa Thanks to @EU_Startups #remoteworkers #zerotrust 04:55:24 AM July 02, 2020 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/YvH1yl3JNY Thanks to @CardyTruster @Carahsoft @webtrendnigeria… https://t.co/tl0w5GNTHv 04:55:23 AM July 01, 2020 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/TewYy0EGVk Thanks to @CaboverPeter @DanielL88014174 #mobilitysoftware #market 04:55:23 AM June 30, 2020 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/D3R6mejjTz Thanks to @Swadhin_T 04:55:49 AM June 29, 2020 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite