Today marked the North American launch of BlackBerry KEYone, the first BlackBerry branded smartphone sold and marketed by BlackBerry Mobile, a subsidiary of TCL Communication. BlackBerry KEYone is built by TCL Communication, incorporating several hardware features and software applications under license from BlackBerry. The former leverages Blackberry’s legacy hardware patents, such as for the keyboard; […]
Tag Archives | slider
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it […]
So why has the widget in the Voice On The Web sidebar changed recently? August 2012 and I self-published Experience Skype to the Max, an Amazon eBook that pulled together all my experience of the previous six years using, and blogging about, Skype as my primary real time communications application on PC’s and mobile devices […]
Over the past several years I have followed the evolution of PamFax from initially a Windows application seven years ago through to today’s fully cross-platform application versions such that your mobile smartphone or tablet can be your sole requirement for sending, receiving and archiving faxes. But the question arises as to why does one still […]
Over the past few days I have had a Microsoft Surface and checked out Skype for Windows 8 on a touch device. While there was no major issue using Skype for Windows 8 on a legacy screen with mouse navigation, using a touch screen is somewhat more intuitive. While many of the results reported earlier […]
Introducing Experience Skype to the Max – a comprehensive guide to enriching your Skype experience. I’ve been covering Skype via Skype Journal and Voice On The Web for over six years. I first experienced IP-based communications back in 1995-96 when I watched engineers at my employer of the day struggle to make voice calls work […]
Earlier this week Skype released Skype 5.10 for Windows with useful tweaks to how Contacts are displayed and managed and how screen sharing is handled. With respect to managing Contacts: You can select and “pin” your Favorite (or most frequent) Contacts to the top of the Contacts pane. Both Facebook and Skype Contacts are combined […]
This is the first of four posts covering the Skype Shop – an introduction, qualifying products offered, learning about an individual product and, finally, making purchases and follow-up. When it comes to making Skype calls it’s really a combination of the Skype software and any co-requisite PC-based audio/video hardware required to complete a call. But […]
TelyHD not only sets a new low price point for implementing Skype for TV; it offers excellent quality call performance and, with its Android foundation, has the potential to become a major platform for other TV-appropriate applications. As mentioned in my review of Skype for TV at CES 2012, Tely Labs was giving the first […]
While the FREETALK® Connect•Me Adapter for Home Phone became available in late August, I only received a production hardware version three weeks ago. I have now had a chance not only to verify the operation of all its features but also to observe some of the reviews. But before talking about its operation I want […]
Get Email Updates (It’s Free!)
Skype Reference Guide
- Skype Features
- Case Studies
- Skype In Business
- Skype for Business
- Hosted Services
- BlackBerry KEYone – An Security Enhanced Android Phone May 31, 2017
- A Tale of Two BlackBerry’s May 31, 2017
- Returning to Blogging May 30, 2017
- Experience Skype to the Max: 2nd Edition March 17, 2015
- BlackBerry Classic–Beyond The Power of the Keyboard Upgraded December 17, 2014
- FREETALK® Everyman USB Headset for Skype: Not “Just Another Headset”! August 14, 2009
- Coming “Real Soon Now”: Skype for iPhone over 3G February 3, 2010
- Skype’s SILK Codec: Working Towards Adoption as a Standard March 11, 2010
- SILK: Skype’s New Audio Codec Sets New Performance Standards for Voice Conversations February 3, 2009
- Skype Everywhere: Nokia and Skype Announce Ongoing Partnership February 17, 2009
- RIM: A Phoenix Emerging from its Ashes | 2 Sides 2 Everything: [...] Courtney writing on his blog (http://voiceon...
- RIM 1 of likely companies to fold next year - Page 2 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com: [...] however, BB10 is the sign of a rebirth. ...
- “Skype Has Stopped Working”: Another Service Interruption | Voice on the Web: [...] Skype Login Disruption Update: User Friendly...
- Skype With Your Doctor: Risk vs. Reward —C3Social Social Media Consulting Milwaukee & Chicago C3Social: [...] Even with a signed disclaimer for treatment,...
- Whither Skype Extras Today? Withered? | Voice on the Web: [...] the Extras publishers were acquired; for ins...
- No Tweets Available
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/S1FdqkzNXl Thanks to @Pistachio #tardigrades about 16 hours ago from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/WfojBUVDVn #leadership #ceo 04:56:07 AM October 27, 2020 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/kLcVqfA5ej Thanks to @jt_teran 04:55:23 AM October 26, 2020 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/4FQQp6RbXb Thanks to @ePatientDave 04:55:22 AM October 25, 2020 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/eDTehyLlx4 Thanks to @brett7three 04:55:44 AM October 24, 2020 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/mFMntAOz0x Thanks to @jt_teran 04:55:25 AM October 23, 2020 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite