Finally got to do some floor visits Tuesday over lunchtime and spent Wednesday afternoon visiting Skype hardware partner booths in the Sands Expo Center. Items that may become posts:
- Will the Skype-eBay integration become much more viral with an eBay tab in your Skype client?
- Will any Skype hardware vendors figure out how to get their Skype hardware into North American retail channels?
- How can you have a mobile platform (that includes Skype) that has Windows Media Player and Internet Explorer but no Windows Mobile 5 OS?
- How can you have phone numbers in several cities that all come back to your favorite mobile phone.
- What is the market positioning for (i) Dual Mode Internet phones and (ii) Desktop Internet phones? Target markets, demographics, key features, etc.
- What role Skype plays (and can play) in Windows Vista? (All BlogHaus participants had an opportunity to obtain a copy of the forthcoming Vista release.)
- What is the most popular mobile communications platform actually in use by CES attendees? How can you text message without paying for carrier data plans?
What I can say briefly is that Skype is permeating the offerings of many more vendors that I had anticipated. Off to another day visiting exhibits in the Las Vegas Convention Center and our more detailed reporting will start tomorrow when we are giving some weary legs a rest.